Acrylic stamps and heat do not mix.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Acrylic stamps and heat do not mix.

Post by kiethannkraftykreative1 on Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:50 am

Yesterday, I started going through my acrylic stamps and noticed clear goo on the back of a few of my packages and the packages were stuck together. After a little investigation I have figured out what has happened. Lately, we have had some extreme heat (Do not use central air) and some of my acrylic stamps have melted. Now I have one that reads "brate" instead of celebrate. Some others, I just can not figure out what they were. Luckily, the better quality stamps have survived. I am not for sure how many did not survive the heat. Still have another box to go through. Then sort them out. Note, I have had my acrylic stamps for a long time and gone through hot summers before. Never have had this happen any other year!
kiethannkraftykreative1

Back to top Go down

Re: Acrylic stamps and heat do not mix.

Post by tkoslo on Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:02 am

We are having extreme heat this summer too. I never thought about stamps melting! I guess you could repurpose and cut off the "e" and have a "brat!" stamp Razz Razz Razz
tkoslo

Back to top Go down

Post by kiethannkraftykreative1 on Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:29 pm

Not sure I need a stamp that says brat. All of my relatives and kin and friends are not brats. LOL. They are ahem perfect. Told my hubs what had happened to my stamps, his reply "well you should open the window in there and let the fresh air in." So much for sympathy from him.
kiethannkraftykreative1

Back to top Go down

Post by lhunter on Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:57 am

If I were being honest and with four kids, there have been times that a "brat" stamp could be handy.

Sorry this happened. My older acrylic stamps have started to get sticky. I will probably have to start throwing some out.

lhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top