PAPERCRAFT MAGIC

WE ARE DEDICATED TO PEOPLE WHO ENJOY PAPERCRAFTING OF ALL KINDS, AND SHARING THEIR TALENTS WITH OTHERS IN SWAPS AND TRADES .

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Waiting on results...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tkoslo

PostSubject: Waiting on results...   Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:57 am

I am sitting on my sofa here waiting to go see the doctor to find out about a breast biopsy I had on Thursday. I haven't said anything online because I don't want my family to get all upset if there isn't anything wrong. Since I have had thyroid cancer, I am always so afraid of getting cancer again. I know that mammograms are supposed to catch things early, so whatever this is will hopefully be easy to fix. I am praying it is just normal calcification. I have spent the last few days panicking, but trying not to show it on the outside. I know some of you understand this feeling. My appointment is at 1 p.m. and I feel like I should just go park myself in their office until then. But, I don't want them to think I am crazy. So, please say a prayer for me and for everyone else suffering the waiting game. I think it might be harder than the actual process of getting things better!
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Waiting on results...   Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:19 pm

Cyber sending you hugs and cyber holding your hand. Hope you get good news from the biopsy. Fingers crossed for you.
Back to top Go down
lhunter

PostSubject: Re: Waiting on results...   Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:08 pm

Tonya , I am sending you prayers.

I have had to go in for diagnostic mammogram and sonogram twice. I empathized with the waiting and trying to act like nothing is wrong.

Your friend, Laurie
Back to top Go down
tkoslo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting on results...   Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:23 pm

So, I don't have cancer. But I do have something called atypical ductal hyperplasia which is pre-precancer. I have not been able to really wrap my head around this yet. I am seeing a surgeon tomorrow. They recommend having not quite a lumpectomy but more than a biopsy?/? I guess I will know more late tomorrow afternoon. I am going to try not to read to much online about it because I am sure there are always bad stories. I am trying to keep happy over this. It was not cancer, but I am still scared. Thanks for the prayers and thoughts, ladies!
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Waiting on results...   Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:59 pm

Hang in there. Glad you do not have cancer. More cyber hugs sent your way!
Back to top Go down
lhunter

PostSubject: Re: Waiting on results...   Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:21 pm

I am happy to hear that it is not cancer . It sounds like you caught things early which is always a plus ! I will continue to pray for you.
Back to top Go down
dhornick

PostSubject: Re: Waiting on results...   Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:33 am

Happy to hear that it is not cancer. I will pray that all will go well.
Back to top Go down
tkoslo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting on results...   Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:11 pm

Things are going so quickly! My surgery is set for this Monday at 8:30 a.m. I will have the lumpectomy and my slides will be sent to the Mayo Clinic to determine 100% if there are/are not any cancer cells present. My doctor said none were present in the slides from the biopsy, so that is usually correct. She does not want me to take Tamoxifen (which I am very glad because of all the side effects) unless something comes back from Mayo different. I will now have to have a breast MRI at 6 months and alternate that with a 3-D mammogram for the rest of my life (or until something better comes along)! I fully believe that this 3D mamo is what caught this so early...it was my first 3D. I had to pay a $60 copay to do it versus the regular for $0, but it could be saving my life. Thanks for your continued prayers, ladies!
Back to top Go down
craftygrams

PostSubject: Re: Waiting on results...   Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:50 pm

Hugs and prayers dear Tonya. Will be thinking of you.
Back to top Go down
Torinogal

PostSubject: Re: Waiting on results...   Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:07 pm

Tonya - I just went through the exact same thing. My husband was working in MN and I had to share with him over the phone. It was nerve wracking to say the least. Mine turned out to not be cancer, but I've got to have a follow-up mammogram in six months. I'm glad you don't have cancer, but sorry you are having to go through this on Monday. My thoughts and prayers are with you, as I know this has to be scary. I'll be having the 3D one next time. Stay strong and know you are thought of with sincerity. Hugs, Debbie
Back to top Go down
Shelby Watkins

PostSubject: Re: Waiting on results...   Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:43 pm

(((hugs))) & prayers

PostSubject: Re: Waiting on results...   Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:05 pm

Cyber hugs sent your way. Hope you recover quickly from your procedure on Monday.
Back to top Go down
tkoslo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting on results...   Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:33 pm

Thanks for everyone's prayers and good wishes! I had a great weekend scrapbooking with my mom for Crop for a Cure. We had lots of fun and laughs. I have tried not to let my mind wander too much. I feel that everything will go well tomorrow and I pray that the cells they take out will also be cancer-free.

Hugs to everyone and prayers that your health struggles will get easier as well!
Tonya
Back to top Go down
lhunter

PostSubject: Re: Waiting on results...   Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:23 pm

My thoughst and prayers will be with you tomorrow .
Back to top Go down
AdminBarb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Waiting on results...   Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:11 pm

Thoughts and prayers are with you !
Back to top Go down
http://www.barbscraftsupplies.com
tkoslo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting on results...   Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:27 pm

Thanks for your prayers!! I am home now with a very big ice pack on the girl. Have to wear a bra 24/7 for the next 3 days. The doctor was pretty sure it will not be cancer but she still had to send it off. I am off to rest now. I will catch up tomorrow with the swaps Hugs, Tonya
Back to top Go down
Kathi Lee

PostSubject: Re: Waiting on results...   Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:15 pm

Prayers and hugs.
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Waiting on results...   Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:03 pm

More cyber hugs sent your way. Keep us updated!
Back to top Go down
tkoslo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting on results...   Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:58 pm

Just got my results and I am cancer-free!!! No need for treatments/surgeries just followup with MRI and 3d mamos each year. I am beyond excited!!! Thank you ladies for your prayers and encouragements! Hearing cancer-free is just the best thing!!
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Waiting on results...   Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:56 pm

So glad to hear you are cancer free. Such wonderful news. More cyber hugs sent your way!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Waiting on results...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1