My diagnosis in May

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My diagnosis in May

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:08 pm

Hi my crafty friends, I have missed you all. I have something to tell you all, Kiethann Barb and Bev know but wanted you all to know also. have MSA Multiple System Atroophy, probably for a year too 3 years. It's not curable or treatable although I am on one med but that's just to see if it will slow a biit. Then severe COPD. On home O2 and seldom get out. My spelling is due to my shaky hands and we've ordered splints tgo help. I am slow at doing things like typing etc. I ask for prayers especially for my husband who poor guy has to do so much here. I'm going to stay active as long as I'm possibly can, a long time I hope but not likely per my neurologist. My speech is affected also so I text mainly. I start Speech therapy on the 15th plus PT and OT. So hugs to you all. Happy crafting

Back to top Go down

Re: My diagnosis in May

Post by lhunter on Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm

Patti, i am so sorry to hear this. I thought something was up when you stopped participating on the forum. i am glad you have come back because I had missed you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

lhunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Watkins on Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:29 pm

I am so sorry to hear this Patti. Been wondering where u were. Thoughts and prayers my friend. Tell your hubby he can join in with my hubby "who runs my house" too- - the washer, the dryer, the vaccum, etc.
Gotta have a laugh to keep you going.

Back to top Go down

Post by kiethannkraftykreative1 on Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:01 pm

Feel free to text me anytime. After the 4th you can switch back to my other phone number. My thoughts are with both of you.
kiethannkraftykreative1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:46 pm

Thank you all so very much.

Laurie I've missed you so much.

Shelby, are you ill? Thank you for the note, yes we do need a laugh for sure. He's not great at house cleaning. I do have a gal that will come in when I need her.

Thank you Kiethann, you are the greatest cyber bff.

Hugs to you all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathi Lee on Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:53 pm

Prayers and hugs.
Kathi Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:17 am

Thank you Kathi

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Watkins on Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:14 pm

Not really ill, Patti, I had a spinal cord injury 5 years ago & surgery on my 2 discs in my neck. I have a cadaver bone and 2 taitinum rods with 6 screws in my neck. I walk with a walker and have been having back issues-(spinal stenosis) that can't be fixed. Thankful for a wonderful man who does the housework. I cook & he cleans. and he lets me craft. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:59 am

@Shelby Watkins wrote:Not really ill, Patti, I had a spinal cord injury 5 years ago & surgery on my 2 discs in my neck. I have a cadaver bone and 2 taitinum rods with 6 screws in my neck.   I walk with a walker and have been having back issues-(spinal stenosis) that can't be fixed. Thankful for a wonderful man who does the housework. I cook & he cleans. and he lets me craft. Wink

Good for you and bless you Shelby. I too have a cadaver bone at C5-6. I am using my walker now also and will start physical therapy later this month. (after rally is over -- to much traffic for mom). I'm hoping it will help. Happy Crafting.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdminBarb on Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:27 pm

God Bless you Patti !   I dont know how you do all the things that you do... but like me and many others in this group you are determined to stay as active as possible. I think that it helps us to feel better mentally and physically to do the things we enjoy !  
As I read about all of the hardships most of us face on a daily basis it makes me less inclined to focus on my own problems.... that is a big PLUS +++++ !!
AdminBarb
Admin
Admin

http://www.barbscraftsupplies.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:47 pm

Thank you Barb, I know my keeping busy with my hands has helped. Now it's okay to craft all I want per my family who thought I spent to much time at it. Yes there are many less fortunate and Il pray for tthem. I will end up bedridden but hope that's a long ways off. They say 1-6 yrs to death up to 18 and I pray the latter. But on the bright side going to see my girls in Sept. and going to be a great gramma in April again. I pray you stay healthy and no flare ups. Hugs

Back to top Go down

Post by kiethannkraftykreative1 on Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:09 am

Pattie, congrats on the upcoming birth of another great grandchild. You can text me on my droid now. Hope you have a great day today. Medicine and technology have come a long way and we have to thank those willing to become "guinea pigs" in clinical trials. I am one of those guinea pigs who is responsible for some of the alternatives to penicillin antibiotics. Long story.......(very fascinating).......but I am alive!!
kiethannkraftykreative1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top