Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

Re: Update on hubs

on Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:02 am
Had CT scan on Tuesday. Hope to get results in the mail before his next appointment. He has been drinking one can of the Ensure each day. Also, now that his denture has been adjusted again, he is able to eat with less difficult.
kiethannkraftykreative1

on Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:31 pm
Results from his CT scan came. Mixed emotions when I read the report. Lung tumors are gone, but tumors in other areas including bone have grown. Guess will just have to wait until see Dr. to see what he wants to do.
kiethannkraftykreative1

on Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:20 am
A real good friend of hubs called yesterday. He and another one of hub's friends are taking him out to lunch today. I plan on going shopping while he is gone.
kiethannkraftykreative1

on Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:23 pm
Never made it shopping. His friends invited me to join them for lunch. We ate at the Longhorn at Legends. We saw hubs oncologist today to review the CT scan results. The results are mixed. Some tumors have shrunk but others have grown. Dr. wants hubs to continue on the immunotherapy for another 5 rounds and then repeat the CT scan. Depending on those results we determine if the immunotherapy is working or if should switch him to oral chemotherapy. Oral chemotherapy for Bud's type of cancer has multiple side effects plus the efficacy is only 5 months and then it does not work anymore.
Merrie

on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:58 pm
Prayers Kiethann. Thinking of you and Bud.
kiethannkraftykreative1

on Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:34 pm
Thank you Merrie!
kiethannkraftykreative1

on Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:39 pm
Hubs is still receiving imunotherapy treatment and his labs have been stable. Will see his doctor at the end of the month. So far so good. My headache has been dealing with the Takata air bag recall since January. Need some kind of resolution pretty quick as it is getting even more difficult for hubs to get in and out of the back seat/door of my small SUV. Have been in contact with Takata, NHTSA, car dealership, and corporate customer service. What a headache. According to NHTSA our state does not meet criteria to make it critical to have front passenger air bag inflator replaced. Those states high on the list and who are getting their inflator replaced right now are Texas, Florida, California, and other states which have high humidity and extreme moisture.
kiethannkraftykreative1

on Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:50 pm
Saw Bud's oncologist yesterday. Labs have been really good. Dr. ordered another CT scan for next week. Received his immunotherapy today. His weight is 160 pounds. He can not afford to loose any more weight. On a positive note though, we finished all of our Christmas shopping for our children and their spouses plus our granddaughter. Oh yeah, one more thing, my Christmas gift from Bud arrived today. I already know what it is because I chose it and he paid for it. Not a computer though.
kiethannkraftykreative1

on Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:06 pm
Received copy of Bud's latest CT scan. Again mixed results. Not sure what Doctor will want to do .
kiethannkraftykreative1

on Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:35 pm
It has been quite some time since I did an update. Bud has been having balance issues. Has had multiple falls. He finally told his oncologist about the falls. He had forbid me to say anything about his falls. I am thankful he finally decided to say something. Oncologist ordered an MRI of the head which he had done yesterday prior to his immunotherapy. While we were waiting in the office lobby, I got a call from his oncologist's nurse. She told me the MRI shows two lesions on his brain. Also that Dr. Raja wants him to see the radiation oncologist at the hospital as soon as possible. The appointment has not been set up yet by the scheduler as the radiation department were all at lunch. Know we have to wait until Tuesday for the scheduler to schedule an appointment. I am very worried. Need every one who reads this to pray for hubs.
kiethannkraftykreative1

on Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:11 am
Bud sees the radiation oncologist today. On a positive note, I finally got the Takata air bag inflator replaced. Now Bud can ride up front instead of in the back.
kiethannkraftykreative1

on Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:53 pm
Bud has three tumors in his head. All of his tumors in his head have grown based on the previous MRI. One is not a problem as it is in the skull. The other two are of concern. Both are in the deep tissue of his brain and he will start radiation therapy three times a week. Treating one tumor one week and then the other tumor the next week.
kiethannkraftykreative1

on Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:30 pm
Radiation treatment plans have changed. Instead of treating each one seprately for three days. he will know have both tumors treated at the same time (lower dose of radiation) for a total of 10 days. He is to start radiation therapy next week.
Merrie

on Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:40 pm
Oh Kiethann, sending prayers and hugs to you and Bud.
kiethannkraftykreative1

on Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:36 pm
Merrie, thank you so much for reading and replying to my post. I am so glad this thread is here for us to post non-crafting messages on. A big thank you to Barb, our admin, who started this thread for us.
carolklink

on Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:09 am
Dear Kiethann, I knew your husband was ill, for some reason didn’t realize his health situation. Just went back and read all of your posts. I’m so sorry for all you have been dealing with. Grateful your husbands doctors seem to be treating the tumors aggressively. Having been a caregiver for my former husband after a dehabilitating stroke while still working a full time job, I can relate to some of the struggles you are dealing with. As difficult as it may be, please try to find some time for yourself. I learned the hard way that by not letting others help when possible and having some “me” time there can be serious repercussions. I will be adding both you and Bud to my prayer list. God is truly the only one who can make this bearable. Keep giving your worries to Him!
kiethannkraftykreative1

on Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:51 pm
Carol, thank you for your post. It is difficult for me to leave him very long and he does not want anyone else to be in the house. Thank goodness we have our daughter. She makes sure to come out and spend some time with us. Also will take us anywhere we want to go. I did not get to spend anytime with my side of the family for Christmas and it looks like I will not be able to spend some time helping my sister celebrate her birthday. So difficult for me as I have been so used to spending the whole day with my sister celebrating her birthday. Oh well, that is life.
dhornick

on Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:23 pm
I will keep you and your husband in my prayers.
kiethannkraftykreative1

on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:07 pm
Hubs finished his radiation treatments to his head. I think they helped a lot. He seems to have a little spark in his walk and has had ho more falls. Even his speech seems to have cleared up some. He is still taking steroids, but have been tapered down to 1/2 tablet. Next Tuesday he will start taking 1/4 tablet. Thanks goodness we have such a loving caring daughter with a job where she can rearrange her schedule to fit into being our chauffeur during the time her dad was getting the radiation treatments. I will resume driving him back and forth to his oncology appointments now. We are blessed to have such a wonderful daughter.
carolklink

on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:08 pm
So glad to hear your hubby has finished his radiation treatments and feeling better. God is so good. Also nice to here about your appreciation of your daughter. It is such a blessing when family members can help out and I know it means a lot to them to be able to do so.
kiethannkraftykreative1

on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:58 pm
Happy Valentine's day to all of my crafty friends! DH and I celebrated another anniversary. Two since his cancer came out of remission. Also today is our wedding anniversary. Number 42. There have been a few times this past year when I doubted if we would be able to celebrate this one. After is lab was drawn the other day, we saw his oncologist. Found out that his next does of Immunotherapy will be number 15. Is to have a CT scan and also a bone scan. My heart goes out to all the families and students in the latest mass shooting at a school. FLorida school but not sure the name of it. Heart rendering scenes on TV of all the school students coming out of the school with their hands in the air. Then watch them deposit their purses, bags and backpacks in a growing heap. Hope they find the scum who perpetrated the shootings.
kiethannkraftykreative1

on Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:46 am
Well, the thing that hubs had feared the most about the radiation has happened. He is starting to lose some of his head hair. He is fortunate because at his age, a lot of men have already lost hair. Up till now, he had a thick full set of hair. SIGH. However, it does not make him any the less attractive.
kiethannkraftykreative1

on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:56 pm
Had to postpone the scans because of icy conditions and bad weather
kiethannkraftykreative1

on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:38 pm
Scans done on Monday and we saw his oncologist today. Scans show tumors are growing. Decision made to stop the immunotherapy and because of hubs weak condition there are no more cancer treatment options. Any other treatments pose a great risk and have numerous side effects because of his change in condition. Well, hubs admitted to hospice tonight. My plans are to continue in the swaps and challenges as long as I can. And so begins another chapter in dealing with hubs cancer. If I do not seem to be as active here on the forums, that is the reason.
AdminBarb
Admin
Admin
http://www.barbscraftsupplies.com

Prayers for you both

on Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:05 pm
Dear Kiethann - I am so sorry to hear that your hubby's treatments are not being effective now. I will keep you both in my prayers. I know this is hard. I lost my first husband when he was only 38.
We understand if you are not very active and you should not worry about that right now. I hope to be mailing your cards and gifts out soon. I am finally getting my energy back up enough to complete my long over-due swaps.
God Bless,
Barbara
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum