Update on hubs

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Update on hubs

Post by kiethannkraftykreative1 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:02 am

Had CT scan on Tuesday. Hope to get results in the mail before his next appointment. He has been drinking one can of the Ensure each day. Also, now that his denture has been adjusted again, he is able to eat with less difficult.
kiethannkraftykreative1

Back to top Go down

Post by kiethannkraftykreative1 on Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:31 pm

Results from his CT scan came. Mixed emotions when I read the report. Lung tumors are gone, but tumors in other areas including bone have grown. Guess will just have to wait until see Dr. to see what he wants to do.
kiethannkraftykreative1

Back to top Go down

Post by kiethannkraftykreative1 on Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:20 am

A real good friend of hubs called yesterday. He and another one of hub's friends are taking him out to lunch today. I plan on going shopping while he is gone.
kiethannkraftykreative1

Back to top Go down

Post by kiethannkraftykreative1 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:23 pm

Never made it shopping. His friends invited me to join them for lunch. We ate at the Longhorn at Legends. We saw hubs oncologist today to review the CT scan results. The results are mixed. Some tumors have shrunk but others have grown. Dr. wants hubs to continue on the immunotherapy for another 5 rounds and then repeat the CT scan. Depending on those results we determine if the immunotherapy is working or if should switch him to oral chemotherapy. Oral chemotherapy for Bud's type of cancer has multiple side effects plus the efficacy is only 5 months and then it does not work anymore.
kiethannkraftykreative1

Back to top Go down

Post by Merrie on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:58 pm

Prayers Kiethann. Thinking of you and Bud.
Merrie

Back to top Go down

Post by kiethannkraftykreative1 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:34 pm

Thank you Merrie!
kiethannkraftykreative1

Back to top Go down

Post by kiethannkraftykreative1 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:39 pm

Hubs is still receiving imunotherapy treatment and his labs have been stable. Will see his doctor at the end of the month. So far so good. My headache has been dealing with the Takata air bag recall since January. Need some kind of resolution pretty quick as it is getting even more difficult for hubs to get in and out of the back seat/door of my small SUV. Have been in contact with Takata, NHTSA, car dealership, and corporate customer service. What a headache. According to NHTSA our state does not meet criteria to make it critical to have front passenger air bag inflator replaced. Those states high on the list and who are getting their inflator replaced right now are Texas, Florida, California, and other states which have high humidity and extreme moisture.
kiethannkraftykreative1

Back to top Go down

Post by kiethannkraftykreative1 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:50 pm

Saw Bud's oncologist yesterday. Labs have been really good. Dr. ordered another CT scan for next week. Received his immunotherapy today. His weight is 160 pounds. He can not afford to loose any more weight. On a positive note though, we finished all of our Christmas shopping for our children and their spouses plus our granddaughter. Oh yeah, one more thing, my Christmas gift from Bud arrived today. I already know what it is because I chose it and he paid for it. Not a computer though.
kiethannkraftykreative1

Back to top Go down

Post by kiethannkraftykreative1 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:06 pm

Received copy of Bud's latest CT scan. Again mixed results. Not sure what Doctor will want to do .
kiethannkraftykreative1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top