PAPERCRAFT MAGIC

WE ARE DEDICATED TO PEOPLE WHO ENJOY PAPERCRAFTING OF ALL KINDS, AND SHARING THEIR TALENTS WITH OTHERS IN SWAPS AND TRADES .

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Update on hubs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:47 pm

Well, might be on the downward ride. Hubs last CAT scan shows some growth of the pre existing tumors. Not much, but Dr. did tell us that for now he would like to continue with the Chemo which hubs is currently on, but if the next CAT scan shows more growth, then he will have to switch him to a different chemo with more side effects!
Back to top Go down
dhornick

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:07 am

Keithann, you are in my prayers. I am so glad to have you in the group.

Deb
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:03 pm

Thank you Deb!
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:49 pm

Rushed my hubs to emergency room today. He was admitted. Will keep you updated.
Back to top Go down
Torinogal

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:44 pm

Kiethann, I've been praying for your husband and yourself
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:05 pm

Luckily, I was able to get hubs to hospital in time. However it has been a scary trip this time. Very fortunate to have him still around, but the news is not very good. CAt scan done first of month showed small amount of growth. However, CAT scan done last Tuesday while DH in E.R. showed more growth, especially the one tumor on his chest. Oncologist who rounded for our regular oncologist told us the chemo is not working and due to this last E.R. and hospitalization, there will be no other chemo given (as that chemo has a lot more side effects). Not sure how much time he has left, however, we talked about ways to make more memories. I am not sure how much posting I will be able to do as his condition worsen, however will try to post once in a while.
Back to top Go down
denise923
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:19 pm

Kiethann, my thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.
Back to top Go down
Shelby Watkins

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:27 pm

(((HUGS))) and prayers for you both.

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:13 pm

Kiethann, if there is anything you need, please don't hesitate to ask. I will keep you both in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
lhunter

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:43 am

Kiethann you and husband will be in my constant thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:03 am

Thank you everyone. I did something I have never done before. DH has always mowed the grass by himself, while I take care of vacuuming and such. Yesterday......................gasp.............this old gal climbed onto one of our three riding mowers, DH showed me how to start it etc. and I mowed the back yard. So proud of myself! It was sort of fun. Each time we were in each other's site, we would smile and wave as we passed by. After we finished, he handed over the keys to the Cub Cadet and said...........this is now your mower! Next week, he will show me how to sharpen the mower blades. Now that is going to be quite an experience for me! Today, I am going to make calls to all of DH's drs and set up appointments with them.
Back to top Go down
tkoslo

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:31 pm

Kiethann:

I am praying for you and your hubby. Make those memories and have some fun! I think in the scheme of life, that is what is important. Those little laughs and funny stories make your soul smile! Hugs my friend!!

Tonya
Back to top Go down
denise923
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:26 pm

Kiethann;

What sweet memories you are making. Keeping you both in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:14 pm

Thank you Tonya and Denise for you posts.
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:18 pm

Well, this is a much happier post. DH saw his oncologist today and we were told the chemo will continue. He wants to repeat the CAT scan again in 3 months. What a weight has been lifted off of our shoulders. Apparently we were under so much stress at the hospital and misunderstood what the other oncologist said to us. He just meant no chemo while husband in the hospital. WHEW! We are so relieved to have been able to see his own oncologist today. Bud's oncologist did tell us that if the next CT scan shows growth, then he will switch him to oral chemo. Guess I will have to do a little sleuthing and find out what I can about oral chemo.
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Tue May 23, 2017 4:49 am

Hubs is having health issues related to his treatments.  Also, need prayers related to family disharmony related to two oldest grandchildren. i can't go into many details, but since a phone call around Christmas where we talked with them, (at that time, we told them they were welcome to come visit us or call us at any time) also we requested from the maternal grandparents (who the grandchildren are staying with) recent photos of our grandchildren. Since then, there has been no communication from them or any photos (which we were assured we would receive).  All we  want is to keep in touch with them as they are our grandchildren. MY HEART IS BREAKING!!!!!

Also, hubs sees his oncologist Thursday and I am sure he will order another CT scan. Plus I have several questions I need to ask him about two surgeries DH needs in the future. I have to say my platter is FULL.

Last edited by kiethannkraftykreative1 on Tue May 23, 2017 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more comments)
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:31 am

This coming week will be very full with several different appointments. One day he will see the oral surgeon. See his oncologist. Lab work one day and chemo another day. On am upbeat though, daughter and son-in-law helped me mow our lawn. At one time, I just shook my head when dh would not sell any of his riding mowers or his push mowers. Now, I am very glad that he did not sell them. It was quite a site to see. Daughter did the North back lawn, son-in-law did the front North and South lawns and I did the back South lawn. We own nearly 2 1/2 acres of lawn, plus two acres of hay and also another 5 acres of forest. Our neighbor's daughter maintains the hay and pays to have it fertilized and cut and baled. She boards horses and uses the hay to feed them. We own almost 20 trees of which eight are fruit trees.
Back to top Go down
dhornick

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:40 pm

Prayers go out to you Kiethann. I would love a large yard with fruit trees. It would be great.
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:18 pm

Thank you dhornick for your prayers.
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:37 pm

Our daughter and son-in-law took us to Branson to make some more memories. Came back with some Victorian photos of all of us which we had taken at a place in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. We saw two shows while in Branson. The one we were supposed to see yesterday evening had to be cancelled due to water issues. Had hoped to ride the Ducks today, but that plan fell apart due to weather forcast. Saw an amazing illusionist Saturday night. He invited anyone who wanted to come up on stage to be a part of one of his illusions. Of course, I had to go up on stage. Have no pictures of that. He did a version of the cut lady in half act. Had all of us check to see that the blades were touching his assistant's stomach. She was restrained from her head to her toes on a metal table the whole time. One male held the leather strap which lead to her ankles and another male held the strap that was fastened to a collar around her neck. He then had each of them gently pull on the strap and the table into two halves. He also did a different version where he cut the table into 6 sections and there was about 15 inches between each section. We all enjoyed watching his illusions. Bud was a trooper and never let our daughter or her husband know how much pain he was in.
Back to top Go down
AdminBarb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:39 pm

Sounds like you have a nice trip Kiethann... that is great !
Back to top Go down
http://www.barbscraftsupplies.com
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:48 pm

Thank you Barb.
Back to top Go down
Torinogal

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:47 pm

I'm glad you were able to make more memories with your family. Sounds like a good time. Sorry you didn't get to ride the Ducks.
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:58 pm

Son-in-law said it was not that big of a deal. (Riding the Ducks). I have heard so much about the Ducks and been told to be sure and ride them when in Branson. Hope there will be a next time trip to Branson. For sure, we all needed that time together.
Back to top Go down
Shelby Watkins

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:23 am

Haven't been around for awhile, but wanted to stop in and check on you and the hubs. Sounds like things are going smoothly for now. Glad you 2 can make memories. You both are in my prayers every night. So glad you have the time to be together and do things together. Some people don't have that cherished time together. Have him write down some memories in a book if he feels like it for you to read later. It will really help later to have something he wrote. Keep a couple of his tee shirts to stuff and make pillows out of for you and the kids or grandkids. This is something you might not think of. Just a couple ideas for you. (((hugs))) my friend. God be with you.

Update on hubs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next