PAPERCRAFT MAGIC SWAPS

PAPERCRAFT MAGIC SWAPS

WE ARE DEDICATED TO PEOPLE WHO ENJOY PAPERCRAFTING OF ALL KINDS, AND SHARING THEIR TALENTS WITH OTHERS IN SWAPS AND TRADES .

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Update on hubs

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:51 am

Barb, thank you for your compassion and understanding. I do not know what I would do if we did not have Melissa. She has been such a blessing and has turned into our chauffeur, cook and helper. If hubs want to go somewhere, she never turns him down. Yesterday we went to the post office and to several stores to see if we could find the wheels for hubs walker. None of the stores had them so Melissa is going to pick them up at a store she saw them at in Missouri and bring them out to us tomorrow along with our morning Starbucks Chai tea lattes.
Back to top Go down
carolklink

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:32 am

Thanks for the hubby update. It’s amazing what God does in our lives, even sending us angels. You are truly blessed.
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:34 pm

What a pleasant surprise. Melissa came out and she had the wheels for the walker with her. Turns out, our son-in-law) her husband stopped on the way home from work and bought a set of them. WOW! Today, we met one of those bumps in the path. DH wanted to go somewhere, and before we knew it he had already gotten out his truck and was waiting for us to get in. I went to the driver's side window and told him I would appreciate it very much if he would let Melissa drive the truck. He shook his head no and then I told him his though process was not working correctly and again I requested he let Melissa drive. He then looked over at Melissa, who had gotten in the back seat. He asked her what she thought and she told him his confusion made driving unsafe for us and others on the road. At that time, he relinquished the driver's seat. WHEW!!!
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:52 pm

Our daughter and son-in-law helped me make another memory today. They took us to an airport for a helicopter ride. We had fun even though it was a cold walk on the tarmac to the helicopter. We were given a ride back from the helicopter to the building. We also ate lunch at a place called Q39.
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:05 am

Well, hubs is having more difficulty with balance. He has fallen twice in the last few days. He is so darn stubborn! Nothing uplifting about this post. Welcome anyone's cyber support. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Torinogal

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:55 pm

Kiethann - I'm sorry your husband is having to go through this, but glad you are making memories.
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:27 am

Thank you Debbie for your post. DH is getting weaker and requires more help from me. Thank goodness we have a daughter who can be supportive and also provide an extra set of eyes, ears and hands. I need these swaps to keep my sanity. Right now, his routine consists of watching tv, but his attention span is short and either my daughter or I have to keep changing the channel quite frequently. We did have a nice quiet Easter. Daughter fixed almost the entire meal, but did allow me to make the scalloped/cheesy potatoes.
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:45 am

Just need to vent, fume, scream on here. Hubs is being very stubborn and bullheaded. Yesterday, he got upset with daughter and myself while we were outdoors picking up sticks. He said he feels like we re spying on him and we needed to just let him be alone. Well, much to our chagrin, we complied with his wishes. Luckily, he managed to stay upright. Of course, this does not end my frustrations. Later he took off and went outside by his self. Luckily, our son-in-law went out to garage refrigerator to get some cold bottles of water. He kept hearing Bud calling, but thought he was calling for the dog. Not so. Bud had decided he was going outside by himself, fell on the concrete back porch and was calling for help. LUCKILY, he did not break any bones or hit his head, but did end up with a nasty bruise and skin tear to his right elbow. After assessing him to make sure he did not have break any bones, daughter and son-in-law picked him up and stood him upright. GRRR!!!! I am so frustrated and he will not listen to reason. A few minutes ago, I found him trying to walk by his self into the powder room. On a much happier note, daughter set me up with WiFi. Now if I could just figure out how to get the app for this site to work on my iphone. I tried installing it, but not able to pull up this site. Any suggestions from those who use the app would be greatly appreciated. Today is DH's birthday..
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:48 am

Forgot to mention, we did have a nice chat with our two oldest grandchildren. Out of the blue, they called us and would like to come out for a visit. I told them they were welcome anytime, but did need to call ahead of time to make sure it was a good time to come visit. I also told them I would like to have an address where I could mail them cards. Our granddaughter is in 9th grade and grand son is home schooled. It was very nice to talk to both of them.
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:21 am

Well, hubs has become increasingly weaker. has downgraded from a cane to a walker. His brain just is not delivering messages correctly. Is having increasing difficulty walking and his right leg just does not want to work correctly. he had another fall two days ago, but luckily did not sustain any injuries from that one. My labor of love has tripled in amount of time required to take care of hubs. However, I am still going to continue with this forum. Just may not be as active in the swaps. More then likely, I will only be doing one swap a month and the weekly card sketch challenge.
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:29 am

Hubs no longer able to use walker to get around. Has difficulty with thought process and unable to get out the correct words. Hospice nurse visits increased to once a day. His pills have been increased in strength or frequency. I basically have to do entire morning cares for him.
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Mon May 07, 2018 7:45 pm

Hubs continues to have increased difficulty getting words out. He has gone back in the past and thinks it is 2003 but also thinks he still lives in his apartment. Wants to drive in his vehicle back to his home (meaning his apartment). Those apartments were demolished the year we married. wish I had more positive update. Daughter has been spending the night each night with us to help me get him up each morning.
Back to top Go down
lhunter

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Thu May 10, 2018 12:03 am

Keithann you and your husband are in my prayers
Back to top Go down
AdminBarb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Tue May 15, 2018 9:39 pm

Prayers for you as always Kiethann...I know this is very hard for you to go through. My Dad had Alzheimer's and I took care of him for 3 years. I wish you strength and courage at this time to be able to endure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.barbscraftsupplies.com
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Fri May 18, 2018 12:59 pm

Thank you Barb for your words of comfort. I put him oxygen yesterday, but he will not leave it on. Last night his nebulizer arrived and i used it once. today he actually asked for the nebulizer breathing treatment.
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Mon May 21, 2018 7:46 pm

Hospice nurse came today and she confirmed my suspicions. Bud has aspiration pneumonia. She ordered antibiotic and one more medication. Continues with nebulizer and oxygen as tolerated. Hospice social worker also made her monthly visit. I am thankful to have the hospital type bed. even though he sleeps on his own mattress, the remote control for the head of his bed works with his own mattress.
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:08 pm

Been awhile since I have posted an update. Hubs continues to grow weaker. Daughter and I are no longer able to transfer him by ourselves. I just spoke with Hospice and found out Hospice covers and provides a mechanical sling type lift. It will be delivered later today. I am relieved since both of us are at risk of injuring our backs because he no longer is able to help us with transfers.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:20 pm

Hubs and I had a little visitor on Sunday. Our precious granddaughter was crying because she wanted to come see grapes and grams.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:24 pm

Oh good grief! Not grapes, should be grapaw and grammaw. She drops the letter d off!

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:08 am

Bud has started preparations for that final journey🙁. I may not post any comments for a while, but I will pop in from time to time to read posts from all of you

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:37 am

It is with saddened heart that I make this final post. My beloved husband passed away this morning at 2:20 A.M.
Back to top Go down
AdminBarb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:24 pm

So sorry for your loss. May he rest peacefully in the Arms of Our Creator, and give you comfort in knowing he is in a better place.
Back to top Go down
http://www.barbscraftsupplies.com
Torinogal

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:55 pm

Kiethann - I'm so sorry for your loss. I pray God will bring comfort and peace to you and your family.
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:41 am

Thank you Barb and torinogal

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   

Back to top Go down

Update on hubs
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5