WE ARE DEDICATED TO PEOPLE WHO ENJOY PAPERCRAFTING OF ALL KINDS, AND SHARING THEIR TALENTS WITH OTHERS IN SWAPS AND TRADES .

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Update on hubs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Update on hubs   Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:38 pm

Hubs had a Cat scan done on Monday. So far the chemo is doing what is should do, which is retarding the growth of the existing tumors and preventing new tumors. He has had several rough days, usually upon first waking up. I try to be very quiet so he can get all the rest he needs. Has very little appetite and has lost another pound. It is very difficult watching him go from a nice healthy weight down to less then 178#s. Thank goodness I have this site to help me keep my sanity. Thank you everyone!
Back to top Go down
lhunter

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:37 pm

Glad to hear the chemo is doing what it is suppose to. I will keep you both in my prayers
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:04 am

Thank you Laura.
Back to top Go down
Torinogal

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:34 pm

Kiethann - glad to know the chemo is working. Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers!
Back to top Go down
Babetta

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:22 pm

You and your hubby remain in my prayers. Glad chemo is working inspite of its downsides.
Back to top Go down
https://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
Shelby Watkins

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:38 am

You've both been in my thoughts and prayers. Fingers crossed-continued good news.
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:11 am

Thank you everyone for your uplifting posts. I check the forum everyday and your comments brighten my day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:55 pm

Hugs and prayers evert day for all of you.
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:12 am

Labs good, chemo today.........although weight is down to less then 172 pounds. Lots of pain and discomfort.
Back to top Go down
Shelby Watkins

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:38 pm

You were on my mind today, so stopped by to see if there was any news. Letting you know you are still in my prayers. (((hugs)))

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:15 pm

Continued prayers for both of you.
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:00 pm

Thank you Shelby and Kathi Lee for your uplifting words. It is so wonderful to have all of you awesome ladies as a part of my support team.
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:24 pm

This is really difficult for me to post. Husband had an appointment with his radiation oncologist today. His tumor on his chest wall has grown and is hard! Also the dr discovered a tumor on his sternum. Dr. went right ahead and did his tattoos for the upcoming needed radiation. He will go through an 8 day round this time starting on Monday. In addition, he is to have a CT scan done in a few weeks. When he starts the radiation therapy, he will not be able to get his chemo!
Back to top Go down
tkoslo

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:06 am

Kiethann:

I was thinking about you and your husband this morning. How is he doing? I have so many friends going through cancer treatments right now. I pray that one day no one will have to endure it...cancer needs to be wiped out! Praying for you both.

Hugs,

Tonya
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:23 pm

Thank you, Tonya, for thinking about us. Hubs has his ups and downs. Right now, we are struggling to get some sores healed on one of his legs. Other then that he is doing pretty well. Thank goodness though for pain medication.
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:14 pm

Hubs has had a miner set back. Other day he woke up with a itchy rash all over his body. Plus the areas on his left lower leg began weeping. His left leg from the knee down very swollen. Dopler was done and ruled out blood clot. Started on new medication and antibiotic, plus a cream for his legs. The rash had progressed to his upper chest front and back and he has been very miserable. He had even talked about just giving up because he could not take the rash, itching and swelling any more. Luckily, the medications seem to be helping. However determination made by his oncologist to defer his chemo treatment for two weeks. I hope two weeks without his chemo will not cause his cancer to spread. Fingers crossed that all is good. He had a CT done last week and at that time everything was stable. Well, thanks anyone who reads this.
Back to top Go down
tkoslo

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:21 pm

Kiethann:

I am sorry your hubby has had a setback. I pray that he will get through this and that his chemo can resume soon. Take care of yourself too! Being a caregiver can really take a toll before you know it.

Hugs and prayers,

Tonya
Back to top Go down
AdminBarb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:13 pm

So sorry to hear of his adverse reactions to the treatments.... I know it is hard to go through this (for both of you). I will continue to keep you both in my prayers. God is able !!
Back to top Go down
http://www.barbscraftsupplies.com
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:25 pm

Thank you both Tonya and Barb. You both lift me up with your replies. He saw his primary today and we have a new treatment for an area of concern. fingers crossed that next week he can resume chemo. Not for sure if oncologist will continue same chemo or start him on a different one.
Back to top Go down
AdminBarb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:27 am

I just have to say that I thank the good Lord above that we have a new president who actually cares about America ! The sense of relief I feel know no words...it is amazing ! I now have hope that my Grandchildren may have a good life like I have had in a Nation that is under God, with Liberty and Justice for all !!
Back to top Go down
http://www.barbscraftsupplies.com
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:38 pm

Hubs is still with us. He is starting to have some other side effects from the chemo, but his chemo nurse said these side effects happen to those who have been on chemo for a long period of time. Finally got his itching under control and managed with a variety of O'Keefs products. The swelling in his right leg has gone done considerably also.
Back to top Go down
dhornick

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:19 am

I will continue to keep him in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:04 pm

Thank you Debbie.
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:04 pm

Hubs had a CT scan on Monday. I had them mail the report to me. It arrived today. There is growth shown on his tumors on both of his adrenal glands. Also, there was blood in his urine in the collection bag. Thank goodness we will see his chemo dr. tomorrow after his lab work is drawn.
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: Update on hubs   Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:39 pm

Lab drawn. Saw Dr. everything still a go for chemo tomorrow!
Back to top Go down

Update on hubs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next