PAPERCRAFT MAGIC

WE ARE DEDICATED TO PEOPLE WHO ENJOY PAPERCRAFTING OF ALL KINDS, AND SHARING THEIR TALENTS WITH OTHERS IN SWAPS AND TRADES .

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

BIRTHDAY GIFT BAG AND TAG SET - DUE AUGUST 31st

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AdminBarb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: BIRTHDAY GIFT BAG AND TAG SET - DUE AUGUST 31st    Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:11 am

Many of you enjoyed making these in the past and they are so very handy to have when you need one quickly !!

This is a partnered swap for a matching gift bag and tag set. We used to always include a greeting card as well, but I will make that an OPTIONAL bonus if you wish to make one. I wanted to keep this swap fairly simple and easy since many of us are very bogged down with health problems and other issues during the summer.

You will create 2 Regular sized Gift bags ( about 9 1/2" to 10" High ) that have the handles on them and a flat - boxy type bottom. Then make a matching tag for each one. The tags should be a minimum of 3" x 5" and can be Ranger #8 tags , or a tag that you create which is made of sturdy cardstock or chipboard. The tag should have a reinforced hole, or one with an eyelet and should have a ribbon or twine tie that is about 16 -18" long, so that there is ample length to make a bow and tie it onto the bag.

Each bag should be decorated on the front with pretty papers, ribbons, stamped images, bling, flowers, or whatever you want to create for it. The back can be simpler and should at least be covered with a panel of pretty paper. The 2 bag sets should be different designs.

Ask your partner if she would like an adult theme, or one for a child - boy or girl. We want our partners to be able to actually USE the bag set !

Here are a few sample pictures of ones that I have made. This is not a difficult project if you think it through before starting and get your supplies together.

Helpful Hints :
1. Do not use a glossy bag . It is very hard to get paper and glue to stick to them unless you first sand them off .
2, KRAFT paper bags and White paper bags work best .
3. Cut 2 paper panels (one for the front and one for the back) in the same size to start. Makes things go quicker.
4. Try first to design and assemble your pieces on the paper panels first. Once they are done, then you can mount the paper panels onto your bag using a good quality wet adhesive. I like Scotch 3M Quick Drying Glue. It holds very well and does not fall off a few weeks after you make your bag. Most every Tape Runner I ever used does not work well for heavy items like this. I have received a lot of gift bags from other swappers that I had to re-glue before using them. They had been assembled with ATG runners or some type of "dry " adhesive.

Please post here on the thread at least once per week once you get your partner and let us all know your progress. Feel free to ask questions if you need help .

Sign ups will begin immediately, and will close on July 15th. I will then assign partners and you have about 6 weeks to create your bags and tags and get them mailed to your partner.

Thanks for joining !!

Back to top Go down
http://www.barbscraftsupplies.com
AdminBarb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BIRTHDAY GIFT BAG AND TAG SET - DUE AUGUST 31st    Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:12 am

MEMBERS

1. Barb - Partner Christine
2. Melody - Partner Khara
3. Khara - Partner Melody
4. Christine ( My Craftopolis) - Partner Barb

Last edited by AdminBarb on Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
MelodyMakesIt

PostSubject: Re: BIRTHDAY GIFT BAG AND TAG SET - DUE AUGUST 31st    Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:35 am

Bags and Tags are one of my favs - yes please ! ! !
Back to top Go down
AdminBarb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BIRTHDAY GIFT BAG AND TAG SET - DUE AUGUST 31st    Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:23 pm

Thanks Melody ! Great to have you in the swap !!
Back to top Go down
MelodyMakesIt

PostSubject: Re: BIRTHDAY GIFT BAG AND TAG SET - DUE AUGUST 31st    Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:29 pm

Doing this swap will be lovely and a bit de ja vue - always a little nostalgic about our cricut swaps from the past but thankfully u r doing them here. . .
Back to top Go down
Khara

PostSubject: Re: BIRTHDAY GIFT BAG AND TAG SET - DUE AUGUST 31st    Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:52 am

I'm in!
Back to top Go down
MyCraftopolis

PostSubject: Re: BIRTHDAY GIFT BAG AND TAG SET - DUE AUGUST 31st    Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:30 pm

Please add me.
Back to top Go down
AdminBarb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BIRTHDAY GIFT BAG AND TAG SET - DUE AUGUST 31st    Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:52 pm

WELCOME OUR 2 NEW MEMBERS !! KHARA and CHRISTINE ! Let us know if you have any questions on what to do... also - please stay in touch during the swap with updates for your partner. Thanks !
Back to top Go down
lhunter

PostSubject: Re: BIRTHDAY GIFT BAG AND TAG SET - DUE AUGUST 31st    Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:45 pm

I wish I could do this one. Hopefully I will have things set up by the end of August and will be able to join again.
Back to top Go down
AdminBarb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BIRTHDAY GIFT BAG AND TAG SET - DUE AUGUST 31st    Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:21 pm

Well - I have decided that only the 4 of us are going to make Bags & Tags and we should not have to wait any longer to start !

BIG WAVES to my partner, Christine - What kind of Bags & Tags would you like to have ? Any special colors or themes ? Child, Adult, Boy or Girl ? Etc... I love making these things !

For me, I would like to have a couple of sets that would be suitable for a Man's birthday ! Thanks !
Back to top Go down
MelodyMakesIt

PostSubject: Re: BIRTHDAY GIFT BAG AND TAG SET - DUE AUGUST 31st    Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:20 pm

Hi Khara- it's your partner Melody. Did you want adult birthday bags or child birthday bags - you can do adult theme for me. Let the fun begin!!!
Back to top Go down
MelodyMakesIt

PostSubject: Re: BIRTHDAY GIFT BAG AND TAG SET - DUE AUGUST 31st    Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:21 pm

Hi Khara- it's your partner Melody. Did you want adult birthday bags or child birthday bags - you can do adult theme for me. Let the fun begin!!!
Back to top Go down
Khara

PostSubject: Re: BIRTHDAY GIFT BAG AND TAG SET - DUE AUGUST 31st    Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:23 am

Hey Melody! I have a 10 year old girl. So tween girls birthday bags would be great. They're all 10 going on 25 so nothing too kid-ish if you know what I mean! Smile send me a PM on Facebook if not ok! Are feminine or even unisex adult bags good for you? Super excited for this one!
Back to top Go down
MelodyMakesIt

PostSubject: Re: BIRTHDAY GIFT BAG AND TAG SET - DUE AUGUST 31st    Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:29 pm

yes yes to both - Yay- we can start creating !!!
Back to top Go down
MelodyMakesIt

PostSubject: Re: BIRTHDAY GIFT BAG AND TAG SET - DUE AUGUST 31st    Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:03 pm

Just got bags and looking forward to tween theme, something different for me
Back to top Go down
Khara

PostSubject: Re: BIRTHDAY GIFT BAG AND TAG SET - DUE AUGUST 31st    Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:02 am

Oh good, cause I'm all tweened out lol! I can use the adult time! Ha Smile
Back to top Go down
AdminBarb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BIRTHDAY GIFT BAG AND TAG SET - DUE AUGUST 31st    Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:28 pm

Hi Christine ! Could you please let me know what kind of bags you would like ? I would like something good for the 2 men in my life who will soon have birthdays... Hubby and Son !
Hubby likes NASCAR and son likes FISHING and other sports....may be that will help you .

Back to top Go down
MyCraftopolis

PostSubject: Re: BIRTHDAY GIFT BAG AND TAG SET - DUE AUGUST 31st    Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:30 pm

Barbara,
Yes I will make your NASCAR and FISHING birthday bags & tags. I'd like anything feminine.
Thank you,
Christine
Back to top Go down
AdminBarb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BIRTHDAY GIFT BAG AND TAG SET - DUE AUGUST 31st    Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:38 pm

@MyCraftopolis wrote:
Barbara,
Yes I will make your NASCAR and FISHING birthday bags & tags. I'd like anything feminine.
Thank you,
Christine

Happy to oblige !! I have so much " GIRLIE" stuff to use !!
Back to top Go down
AdminBarb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BIRTHDAY GIFT BAG AND TAG SET - DUE AUGUST 31st    Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:37 pm

Christine, I have decided on a Graphic 45 "Ladies Diary " bag set for one of yours and another one in a "Tea Party" design. I hope you will like them !!
Back to top Go down
MyCraftopolis

PostSubject: Re: BIRTHDAY GIFT BAG AND TAG SET - DUE AUGUST 31st    Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:46 pm

Thank you Barbara.
Back to top Go down
dhornick

PostSubject: Re: BIRTHDAY GIFT BAG AND TAG SET - DUE AUGUST 31st    Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:15 pm

I would love to see what people make.
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: BIRTHDAY GIFT BAG AND TAG SET - DUE AUGUST 31st    Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:09 pm

Barb, did you every receive bags and tags from Christine. If not, even though it is late, I would be very happy to make you a set of bags and tags.
Back to top Go down
MyCraftopolis

PostSubject: Re: BIRTHDAY GIFT BAG AND TAG SET - DUE AUGUST 31st    Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:07 am

@kiethannkraftykreative1 wrote:
Barb, did you every receive bags and tags from Christine.  If not, even though it is late, I would be very happy to make you a set of bags and tags.

Are these not due August 31?
Back to top Go down
AdminBarb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: BIRTHDAY GIFT BAG AND TAG SET - DUE AUGUST 31st    Yesterday at 5:46 pm

@MyCraftopolis wrote:
@kiethannkraftykreative1 wrote:
Barb, did you every receive bags and tags from Christine.  If not, even though it is late, I would be very happy to make you a set of bags and tags.

Are these not due August 31?

YES - THEY ARE NOT DUE UNTIL AUGUST 31st... lol! So I am not sure why Keithann wrote that. No worries. I am still working on your as well. flower
Back to top Go down

BIRTHDAY GIFT BAG AND TAG SET - DUE AUGUST 31st
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1