Prayer Warriors Needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Prayer Warriors Needed

Post by Torinogal on Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:14 pm

So much has happened lately that I'm not sure what I've posted. I tried looking, but didn't see anything.
My DH's older brother was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer a few weeks ago. He began Chemo about a week or so ago, and had a pump attached for additional Chemo on a daily basis. He's now off the pump until next week when he goes for more. It didn't take too kindly the first few days. As most of you know, my DH has already lost two brothers to Cancer three years ago, three months apart. He's on edge with this, along with work issues. Plus I threw on top of this that we needed to move my mom and step-father, which has been anything but easy. We loaded a huge UHaul, plus I've made at least 12 trips with the SUV packed. They are close to 80 years old, so NOTHING was packed. Saturday a week ago my mom tried to get up in the truck at night to close the door and fell. She didn't call me until the next day. I've had her at Neurologist with a hematoma, and more testing. Tuesday of last week my step-father had a heart attack. Neither one of them are in great health, so my hands are full, but they are both stubborn. Did I mention they did live about 8 minutes away. Now it is 1/2 hour depending on traffic. I'm going to plan on going out there on Saturdays to check on them. I APOLOGIZE for airing "dirty laundry" as they say, but I just had to get this off my chest. Please please please, if you believe in the power of prayer, pray for us as we take this journey. I'll see my craft room one day. Thanks for listening to me.
Debbie

Torinogal

Back to top Go down

Re: Prayer Warriors Needed

Post by kiethannkraftykreative1 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:54 pm

Debbie, sorry to hear your platter is so full. Hope things smooth out for you soon. You are strong and will be rewarded when the time comes. Prayers for you and all of your familiy.
kiethannkraftykreative1

Back to top Go down

Post by Babetta on Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:42 pm

So sorry to hear things are rough going for you right now Debbie. I will keep you i my prayers to help keep you strong and your endurance up! Take a breather for yourself occasionally, no matter how hard it is - whether it's a cup of tea or coffee o the patio and thanking God for all the "Good" things going on, a walk, your crafting in small doses that aren't time consuming/constraining o you, read a book, just anything that makes 'DEBBIE" happy... This will help these overwhelming hard times pass... and know, you ALWAYS have friends that are here to vent to and have open ears and shoulders to listen to you!
Lots of love and hope that things get better soon!!!
Babetta

https://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by Torinogal on Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:34 pm

THANK YOU Kiethann and Babetta for your encouraging words! I'll be thankful when I can clear a path to my craft table to make a card or two. Right now, it is just wishful thinking, but I will get there BEFORE I go back to work.
So much has taken my attention that I haven't had time for myself. My husband lost his job, but will be starting a new one mid-August. He'll be taking his training course for his CDL and be on the road. Excited for him as this is something he has wanted to do, but never did. It will be basically like "the job" he had, as he was gone months at a time! Only with this job he'll have benefits and a decent income. I'll have to get used to not having my son's dog here and learn to shot the gun better. I'll have my son take me target practicing.
Ladies, I just wanted to say thanks and I will get through all of this. Keep the prayers coming for my BIL with Pancreatic Cancer, as he's having a rough time. Chemo is kicking his butt. Love y'all

Torinogal

Back to top Go down

Post by dhornick on Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:43 pm

I am just catching up on the forum. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I know God will get you through this, but knowing you have people praying and thinking of you, can make it easier.

dhornick

Back to top Go down

Post by Torinogal on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:40 pm

Debbie Hornick - THANK YOU! Yes, we will make it through it all and come out on a brighter side.

Torinogal

Back to top Go down

Post by dhornick on Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:20 pm

Still keeping you in my prayers. I understand about one thing after another.

dhornick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top