PAPERCRAFT MAGIC

WE ARE DEDICATED TO PEOPLE WHO ENJOY PAPERCRAFTING OF ALL KINDS, AND SHARING THEIR TALENTS WITH OTHERS IN SWAPS AND TRADES .

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

SUMMER STAMPING FRENZY !! Mail Date July 31st

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
AdminBarb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: SUMMER STAMPING FRENZY !! Mail Date July 31st    Wed May 10, 2017 3:57 pm

Okay - I admit that I dont think I can go all summer without hosting a single swap !!  Ha Ha  

This is pretty easy to do and I hope that everyone will participate in it -  The idea is to exchange stamped images to make cards with... on A2 cards that are 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" -  I like these the most because you can layer them on mats to make 5x7 cards too. This image would be the central theme of the card you are making.  

***  In addition to the trade with your partner, please let us all know if you are willing to provide stamped images of your stamps to other members upon request. This would be at your convenience of course.  Requests can be posted here on this thread. ***  

# ONE :  You will choose 4 of your very best absolute favorite stamps ( individual or a set) to make card fronts with. You will not have to cut them out...  These should be A2 stamped images on HEAVY 1100# or 110# white cardstock - preferable smooth finished and coated to be good for Alcohol Ink coloring. This paper is widely available at craft stores or from a "Stampin UP" dealer, or from my Etsy shop.
   Stamp them using BLACK "STAZ-ON"  INK or "TUXEDO BLACK"  MEMENTO INK please !!  I see that some people are using very light colored inks or papers that allow the ink to "bleed" .  I want some CRISP CLEAR very defined images please !!  You cannot accomplish that with cheap ink and cheap paper. It is also okay if you want to use embossing powders to seal your ink images...that is fine as long as they are crisp and clear. Stamp 2 of each of these images for a total of 8 card fronts.
You may also stamp the images for a "TRY-FOLD " card onto a folded card if you like - or make a "FRONT & BACK" card to send instead of just a front. You do NOT have to color it but on the Try-Folds you should cut and fold those for your partner.

# TWO :  Post on this thread a list of the 4 stamps you have chosen to use. If you have any doubts about your stamps, please take a photo and send it to me in a PM and I will let you know if your images are the kind we are looking for .

# THREE :  I will assign partners on JUNE 15th !!  You will need to contact your partner and be sure you have her mailing address and post your stamped images to her in a timely manner - no later than July 31st. No excuses other than death on this swap !  This one is too easy to allow excuses from people and you have plenty of time. If you are planning to be gone on vacation at the end of July, please mail your cards out early . Please place your images between 2 pieces of cardboard before you put them in an envelope to mail them so that they dont get all bent and messed up in the mail . The front cut off of a cereal box and folded in half works very well....it does not have to be heavy and thick.  Use normal First Class Mailing...

# FOUR :  Post a thank you to your partner when you receive your package along with a photo of your images.

HERE ARE PHOTOS OF THE 4 STAMPS I HAVE CHOSEN TO USE - My partner, Babetta will receive these, but you may also ask me to stamp some for you if you would like to ask me. I may be slow in getting them to you but I will do so ASAP. The Cake one is from Penny Black, The Paris one is a new one from Carabelle Arts, the Glad Tidings is a vintage G45 and the Jingle Bells is from Crafty Individuals.

Last edited by AdminBarb on Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:34 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add elements)
Back to top Go down
http://www.barbscraftsupplies.com
AdminBarb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: MEMBER LIST   Wed May 10, 2017 3:58 pm

MEMBER LIST .................................. PARTNER...................... ASK ME FOR IMAGES !! "STAMPING FRENZY"

1. Barb .......................................................BABETTA
2. Kiethann..................................................MERRIE
3. Denise ....................................................JAY
4. Merrie.....................................................KIETHANN
5. Jay.........................................................DENISE
6. Babetta...................................................BARB
7. Christy....................................................DEBBIE
8. Debbie H.................................................CHRISTY

Last edited by AdminBarb on Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:41 pm; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : partners)
Back to top Go down
AdminBarb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SUMMER STAMPING FRENZY !! Mail Date July 31st    Wed May 10, 2017 4:01 pm

Your stamps can be for ANY OCCASION or HOLIDAY or "JUST BECAUSE" ...

You also may request a selection from another member who has a stamp that you like and would like to have a couple of images for your own use. This is a great way for us to find out what kinds of stamps we all have in our stashes !

This could be an on-going "Stamping Frenzy" if everyone enjoys it. Let me know what you think !
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: SUMMER STAMPING FRENZY !! Mail Date July 31st    Wed May 10, 2017 5:32 pm

Sounds fun. Will have to browse through my stamp sets to see which ones I think will work for this type of swap. Do you include a greeting also on the cardstock where we stamped the image?
Back to top Go down
denise923
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SUMMER STAMPING FRENZY !! Mail Date July 31st    Wed May 10, 2017 6:41 pm

Oh goody I can order new stamps for this....LOL
Back to top Go down
AdminBarb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SUMMER STAMPING FRENZY !! Mail Date July 31st    Thu May 11, 2017 10:24 pm

@kiethannkraftykreative1 wrote:
Sounds fun. Will have to browse through my stamp sets to see which ones I think will work for this type of swap.  Do you include a greeting also on the cardstock where we stamped the image?

You can add a sentiment if it goes with the image or is included in the set you are using. Be sure it is placed correctly.

Back to top Go down
AdminBarb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SUMMER STAMPING FRENZY !! Mail Date July 31st    Thu May 11, 2017 10:25 pm

@denise923 wrote:

Denise - you are tooo funny ! You can use some of your old ones as well !

Back to top Go down
denise923
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SUMMER STAMPING FRENZY !! Mail Date July 31st    Fri May 12, 2017 5:27 pm

@AdminBarb wrote:
@denise923 wrote:

Denise - you are tooo funny !   You can use some of your old ones as well !  

I know, I just love the Windows Stamps and found several I would love to order.
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: SUMMER STAMPING FRENZY !! Mail Date July 31st    Sun May 14, 2017 10:53 am

Checking in for the week.
Back to top Go down
AdminBarb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SUMMER STAMPING FRENZY !! Mail Date July 31st    Tue May 16, 2017 2:06 am

So far - only 2 people interested ? I am so surprised because EVERYBODY has some stamps to use and this is so easy !!

Back to top Go down
Merrie

PostSubject: Re: SUMMER STAMPING FRENZY !! Mail Date July 31st    Tue May 16, 2017 7:46 am

Ok, I was going to hold off- but this sounds fun. Just to make sure I'm clear. Stamped, not colored, on white 4 1/4 by 5 1/2. Sentiments if you want. Sounds fun. I'm in.
Back to top Go down
jaypuglisi

PostSubject: Re: SUMMER STAMPING FRENZY !! Mail Date July 31st    Tue May 16, 2017 11:10 am

count me in. will be using tilde stamps
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: SUMMER STAMPING FRENZY !! Mail Date July 31st    Tue May 16, 2017 7:11 pm

Great! Two more have said they would like to join this swap. Counting Barb, this makes 5 of us so far. I hope others decide to join.
Back to top Go down
AdminBarb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SUMMER STAMPING FRENZY !! Mail Date July 31st    Wed May 17, 2017 11:05 am

@Merrie wrote:
Ok, I was going to hold off- but this sounds fun. Just to make sure I'm clear. Stamped, not colored, on white 4 1/4 by 5 1/2. Sentiments if you want. Sounds fun. I'm in.

Great Merrie ! Yes - you are correct. This is an easy one. Please let us know what stamps you will be using so we do not get duplicates. And, if you would like to be in the "Perpetual Stamp List" .... this means that others (besides your partner) can request a few stamped images from you - to be done at your convenience... Smile
Back to top Go down
AdminBarb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SUMMER STAMPING FRENZY !! Mail Date July 31st    Wed May 17, 2017 11:12 am

@jaypuglisi wrote:
count me in.   will be using tilde stamps

THat's wonderful Jay - We all love Tilda Stamps !!

Back to top Go down
AdminBarb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SUMMER STAMPING FRENZY !! Mail Date July 31st    Wed May 17, 2017 11:15 am

Ladies - You have until I make partner assignments to choose your stamps and list them here on the thread. Also, if you can provide a photo of them that would be FABULOUS !! Then, please indicate whether or not you are willing to provide your images to anyone else in the group who asks for a set of them. For example, I may wish to have a few of Jay's TIlda images and if she is not my partner in the swap, I can still ask her if she will make some for me. It is entirely her choice if she wishes to do so and it is at her convenience as to when she can send them to me. I hope that is clear about how the "Frenzy" part works >>>> Let me know if you have questions about it.

Back to top Go down
jaypuglisi

PostSubject: Re: SUMMER STAMPING FRENZY !! Mail Date July 31st    Wed May 17, 2017 2:09 pm

barb. will be glad to send some. no problem. anyone else let me know.
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: SUMMER STAMPING FRENZY !! Mail Date July 31st    Thu May 18, 2017 2:14 pm

I also have no problem with making extras from the stamps I chose. It might be a little while before I can post any pics. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Babetta

PostSubject: Re: SUMMER STAMPING FRENZY !! Mail Date July 31st    Fri May 19, 2017 7:03 pm

I will join in also! It will be Stampin Up (of course) and/or Unity

Last edited by Babetta on Tue May 23, 2017 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
Merrie

PostSubject: Re: SUMMER STAMPING FRENZY !! Mail Date July 31st    Sun May 21, 2017 2:35 pm

Ok, this is my first time inserting pictures, so not sure if I'm doing it right. The mermaid and flowers are Stampendous. Have to admit, I have not used the mermaid yet, but she was so cute I couldn't resist getting her. The bear is Popcorn the Bear from  Crafters Companion and the fairy was a 'free gift' from one of the cardmaking magazines from 'across the pond' that I got years ago. If anyone other than my partner wants any of them, just let me know. It's easy to stamp more.

Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: SUMMER STAMPING FRENZY !! Mail Date July 31st    Tue May 23, 2017 5:16 am

Merrie, those are cute stamps. I would love to have copies of the mermaid, the bear and the fairy please. I hope to post my pics of my stamp choices this week.
Back to top Go down
Merrie

PostSubject: Re: SUMMER STAMPING FRENZY !! Mail Date July 31st    Tue May 23, 2017 6:22 am

No problem Kiethann. If you are not my partner, I will send them to you. Smile
Back to top Go down
kiethannkraftykreative1

PostSubject: Re: SUMMER STAMPING FRENZY !! Mail Date July 31st    Tue May 23, 2017 7:00 pm

Thank you Merrie. I still have to decide which stamps to use. I have three sets on order but they are not due to arrive until June 8.
Back to top Go down
jaypuglisi

PostSubject: Re: SUMMER STAMPING FRENZY !! Mail Date July 31st    Wed May 24, 2017 9:50 am

merrie.
would love the fairy
Back to top Go down
jaypuglisi

PostSubject: Re: SUMMER STAMPING FRENZY !! Mail Date July 31st    Wed May 24, 2017 9:51 am

will be working on mine next week and any one that wants tilda's. just let me know
Back to top Go down

SUMMER STAMPING FRENZY !! Mail Date July 31st
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next