PAPERCRAFT MAGIC

WE ARE DEDICATED TO PEOPLE WHO ENJOY PAPERCRAFTING OF ALL KINDS, AND SHARING THEIR TALENTS WITH OTHERS IN SWAPS AND TRADES .

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Happy week ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lhunter

PostSubject: Happy week ??   Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:07 pm

As many of you know we are building a house. This week we walked the framing and signed off on it. We are making some slight adjustments to the stairs but that is it. A realtor came by last night to list our current house and thinks we can get more out of it without doing many repairs than we thought.

The real exciting news is that Ben, my 22 year old son, passed his board interview unanimously with the Grand Prairie police department on Tuesday. He graduates college May 11 and could start the Police academy May 30.

This has been a long road and not totally over yet. GPD had 700 people apply online for 30 open spots. 300 were asked to come in and take a written test. 150 showed up for the test, half of them failed. Then 75 or so took a physical test. Ben was not sure how many passed. Points were given for past military and law enforcement service. Ben ranked 32. They did a 52 page questionnaire on background and 2 hour phone interview that knocked several more out. Ben was asked to come in front of the board . He was nervous but obviously did well if they unanimously passed him through. There is a spot of him in the academy at this point. He needs to pass a more extensive background check, the call references etc., a psychological test and interview with the chief. Ben interned with GPD this summer and the chief told Ben that he wanted him to apply .

So it looks pretty good that my son will be a Police Officer by the end of the year. I am both proud and nervous about his career choice.
Back to top Go down
Kathi Lee

PostSubject: Wow!   Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:11 pm

Congratulations! That is sure something to be very proud of as a parent.

Happy Spring to you
Back to top Go down
Torinogal

PostSubject: Re: Happy week ??   Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:33 pm

First, let me say CONGRATULATIONS to Ben! Second, Congratulations to you and your husband for the upbringing! I know you are both proud and nervous at the same time. I can relate to those feelings with my son being in the Military (I have those same feelings). I will keep Ben in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
dhornick

PostSubject: Re: Happy week ??   Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:14 pm

Wow, that is good news. So happy for you and your son. Prayers that all will go well.
Back to top Go down

Happy week ??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1