PAPERCRAFT MAGIC

WE ARE DEDICATED TO PEOPLE WHO ENJOY PAPERCRAFTING OF ALL KINDS, AND SHARING THEIR TALENTS WITH OTHERS IN SWAPS AND TRADES .

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

TUTORIAL FOR ALTERED STENO BOOK SWAP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AdminBarb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: TUTORIAL FOR ALTERED STENO BOOK SWAP    Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:19 pm

DENISE EMMERICH will be hostessing this swap. Due Date will be February 28th. Here are the basic instruction for creating this fun and useful notebook.  

PLEASE DO NOT POST COMMENTS ON THE TUTORIAL - POST ON THE SWAP THREAD ! THANKS !

You will create one using your papers and stamps that you have on hand, and also add embellishments. Surprise your partner with something very unique !  Find out what kind of theme she would like, or just use one of your own choosing.

Last edited by AdminBarb on Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.barbscraftsupplies.com
AdminBarb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TUTORIAL FOR ALTERED STENO BOOK SWAP    Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:34 pm

Purchase any brand of Steno Pad you wish...

1. Cut out a variety of good quality cardstock squares and rectangles . You can use white or patterns...it is up to you !

2. Stamp the plain blocks with ARCHIVAL INK ( so it wont rub off or smear ) with a variety of images .

3. Color the stamped images and ink the edges well with ARCHIVAL INK. You can also choose to back up your images with black or a dark color of cardstock .

4. Arrange the images in a pattern that you find pleasing and glue them securely in place.

5. After everything is very dry - coat your blocks with a layer of MOD PODGE or other clear coating to help preserve it .

6. When the notebook is full, the cover can be cut off the old notebook and then glued onto the front of another one - so it can be used again !  

7. Please feel free to be creative and add BLING or Ribbons, or whatever you wish !

Back to top Go down
lhunter

PostSubject: Re: TUTORIAL FOR ALTERED STENO BOOK SWAP    Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:54 am

A few years ago I made a clipboard and covered in original modge podge. I let it set a few days then used it. Paper stuck to the cupboard and ruined it. Has anyone else had that problem or is there a better sealant?
Back to top Go down
AdminBarb
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TUTORIAL FOR ALTERED STENO BOOK SWAP    Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:44 pm

@lhunter wrote:
A few years ago I made a clipboard and covered in original modge podge. I let it set a few days then used it. Paper stuck to the cupboard and ruined it. Has anyone else had that problem or is there a better sealant?

Laurie - I think that there is a newer Mod Podge which can be heat cured and will not stick... I will check on this. I know that the one which is for Glass and is Dishwasher safe is like that.
Back to top Go down

TUTORIAL FOR ALTERED STENO BOOK SWAP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1